It’s offically Wedding Season! According to TheKnot.com, a majority of weddings in Amercia happen between May and November. My family owns a wedding venue in West Tennessee (look it up- Cogan’s Farm- it’s AMAZING!) and I help out as much as I can, so I always have a keen interest in pretty much everything wedding-related.
One of the biggest wedding traditions is the “First Dance”, and picking a song that reflects your relationship is kind of a big deal, right?
TasteofCountry.com just released a list of the Top Country Wedding Dance Songs, so here’s the Top 10, if you’re looking for some wedding dance inspo.
1. “When You Say Nothing at All” by Alison Krauss
2. “Die a Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett
3. “In Case You Didn’t Know” by Brett Young
4. “When I Said I Do” by Clint Black, with his wife Lisa Hartman Black
5. “Amazed” by Lonestar
6. “It’s Your Love” by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
7. “Bless the Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts
8. “Then” by Brad Paisley
9. “Could I Have This Dance” by Anne Murray.
10. “I Believe in You” by Don Williams
Check out the full list here
And if you want to expand your genres outside of Country Music, here’s a pretty solid list from “Country Living” magazine.
Want to rock it out? Here’s some great choices from Wedding Forward.
My husband and I said “I Do” sixteen years ago, and our first dance song was “Memory in the Making” by John Kilzer.
So, yeah, points for being unique!
What was your first dance song?
Or if you’re not married just yet, what would it be?